Edge computing solutions in industrial settings are poised for rapid growth and innovation, driven by the need for real-time insights and localized action. According to Gartner “By 2025, 30% of new industrial control systems will include analytics and AI-edge inference capabilities, up from less than 5% in 2021. By 2023, at least 75% of “greenfield” IoT projects will use containers for application life cycle management at the edge, up from 30% in 2021. By 2024, at least 50% of high-end industrial IoT gateways will offer an optional 5G module, up from less than 10% in 2021”.
Reading this Gartner report, we believe you will learn:
- How this trend is shaping the Industrial IoT market
- How it is also reflected in the market of edge computing solutions, which are currently undergoing rapid innovation
- How Hardware OEMs, hyperscalers, analytics ISVs, OT vendors, telcos, colocation providers and vertical-specific emerging vendors are exploring partnerships to create end-to-end edge computing solutions.
– GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
– Gartner, Market Guide for Edge Computing Solutions for Industrial IoT, By Santhosh Rao, Published 17 August 2021.
– Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.